Welcome to The Cedar Cottage @Mira Riverfront Getaway. The Cedar is a recently renovated, 2 bedroom 1 bathroom cottage with 150' of water frontage. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Mira River from the cozy living room or one of your two private decks. Enjoy a beautiful sunrise while you listen to the loons call from the lower deck, followed by a kayak ride down the river. In the evenings cozy up around the fire pit, stargaze from the hammock or get your sweat on in the barrel sauna . The perfect spot for families and couples!
The home is approximately 850 sq ft and can comfortably accommodate up to 5 guests. The home has beautiful vaulted ceilings and lots of natural light. The master bedroom has a queen bed and the guest bedroom has a single over double bunk bed. The bathroom has a smaller than average bath tub with rain shower head. Fully stocked kitchen ( no dishwasher ) and dining seating for 7. Living room has a beautiful view of the river with large sectional sofa and chair.
The property also features a 50' private deck, gazebo, dock (SEASONAL) and boat launch. Large yard with gardens, fire pit, hammock and Barrel Sauna!
The upper deck features a dining table, bbq, cozy patio furniture and a day bed. The lower deck features a sectional sofa set and fridge. There is plenty of room for the whole family. We also provide 2 adult kayaks and 1 child (life jackets on site).
**This listing is for 1 of 2 proprieties at Mira Riverfront Getaway. The Pine cottage is located next door and is also a rental. The two properties share an entry lane, but are on separate lots and separated by a tree line. The distance between the homes is approximately 150 ft. The lane to access both properties runs behind the cottage, so you will see vehicles coming and going on occasion from the backyard***
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING :
- No smoking or vaping inside the cottage
- Absolutely no parties or large gatherings. We understand that you may want to have visitors during the day. However we consider over 8 people on the property at any given time to be a gathering. Any guest that exceeds this without permission from host, will be asked to leave the property with no refund. Please just be honest of your intentions, we are very easy to get along with :)
- Additional guests are not permitted to stay overnight in trailers, tents, boats or on air mattress. We do allow a 6th guest if it's an infant in a playpen.
- PETS: We allow 1 dog only . No exceptions ( Sorry, NO PUPPIES!!) Your dog must be well behaved and friendly. We do not allow aggressive dogs on the property. There is an additional fee of $20 per night with a maximum charge of $200 per stay. Pets are not permitted on beds or furniture. If you require a pet bed, please let us know to leave one out. Dogs must be LEASHED at all times and never at large on the property. Pets are never to be left behind at the cottage unsupervised. Please take your dog with you or make doggie daycare arrangements nearby. Depending on your booking platform, you may not be able to add a pet to your reservation. In this case please let us know you are bringing a dog.
- The Dock is aimed to be installed for the summer months of July & August. We install early and remove late depending on the season and water temperatures. It is never guaranteed and if there is a storm warning, the dock may have to be removed before or during your stay ( however this is very rare)
- We do have a security system at the cottage with 1 camera facing the driveway. We ask that our guests do not use the alarm panel during their stay. The driveway camera and panel are to secure our property between reservations when the home is vacant, and is in no way to invade our guests privacy.
- Mosquitoes and black fly activity can be extremely high from mid May- early July. We do have bug zappers on the property but come prepared with bug spray!
- Small watercraft are welcome but are not to be docked overnight. Please let us know if you plan on brining one. - Kayak wavier must be signed by guests prior to use.
- There is a ladder off the side of the dock to easily access the water but if you plan on walking in we recommend bringing water shoes as the shore is rocky
- WINTER BOOKINGS/SNOW REMOVAL( Dec 1st-April 15th): We recommend only booking if you have a vehicle equipped with 4 wheel drive and winter tires. Our driveway is only plowed and walkways shovelled when snow exceeds 10cm, and this is not guaranteed before check in or check out. The cottage is outside city limits and the main roads are maintained by the CBRM and are usually not a priority.
- Firewood is available as of May 2023
- We have a smaller than average tub due to space constraints (48”)
BABY ESSENTIALS: We can provide baby essentials when requested ( Nuna playpen with bassinet attachment or mini crib, bathtub and high chair) Please note there is a fee of $50 for mini crib set up.
REG NUMBER: 03181604068501466-85
Wireless Broadband Internet
Pool & spa facilities
Private Dry sauna
Parking & facilities
Bathroom & laundry
Bed linen, Hair dryer, Clothes dryer, Essentials, Iron & Board . Washing machine
Heating & cooling
Air conditioning, Fireplace . Heating available
Internet & office
Wireless Broadband Internet
Kitchen & dining
Child's high chair, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven . Refrigerator
Carbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher . Smoke Detector
Check in: 04:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM
* Located in the heart of Cape Breton and 30 minutes outside the city of Sydney. Experience what it’s like to live like a local, in one the most sought after area’s on the island. After a day of exploring, come back and relax away from the city. Neighbourhood has minimal traffic and is quiet. There is a small grocery and liquor store 13 minutes away. You will need a car to get around. Rentals are at the airport or at dealerships in and around Sydney.
***If you plan on doing a lot of exploring during your stay, please make sure our location is suitable for your itinerary*** We can be a bit of a drive from most activities and the nearest restaurant is 25 min away.
Sydney- 30 minutes/ Sydney Airport - 35 minutes/ Grocery Store- 25 min / Small grocery store & liquor - 13 minutes/ Ben Eion Ski Hill -25 minutes/ Lakes Golf Course -25 minutes / Louisbourg- 40 minutes/ Cabot trail - 60 minutes/ Baddeck - 1 hour 15 minutes / North Sydney ( ferry) 35 minutes / Halifax- 4 hours