Welcome to "The Cedar Cottage" @ Mira Riverfront Getaway. Enjoy breathtaking views of the renowned Mira River from the living room or one of your two private decks. Enjoy a beautiful sunrise while you listen to the loons call from the lower deck, followed by a kayak ride down the river. In the evenings cozy up around the fire pit, stargaze from the hammock or get your sweat on in the barrel sauna . The prefect spot for families and couples!
The Cedar is a recently renovated, 2 bedroom 1 bathroom cottage with 150ft of water frontage. The home is approximately 850 sq ft can comfortably accommodate up to 5 guests. The home has beautiful vaulted cedar ceilings and lots of natural light. The master bedroom has a queen bed and the guest bedroom has a single over double bunk bed. The bathroom has a smaller that average bath tub with rain shower head. Fully stocked kitchen ( no dishwasher ) and dining seating for 7. Living room has a beautiful view of the river with large sectional sofa and chair.
The property also features a 50 foot private deck, gazebo, dock (SEASONAL) and boat launch. Large yard with gardens, fire pit, hammock and Barrel Sauna!
The upper deck features a dinning table, bbq, cozy patio furniture and a day bed. The lower deck features a sectional sofa set, second bbq and fridge. There is plenty of room for the whole family. We also provide 3 adult kayaks and 1 child (life jackets on site).
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING :
- No smoking or vaping inside the cottage
- Absolutely no parties or large gatherings. We understand that you may want to have visitors during the day. However we consider over 8 people on the property at any given time to be a gathering. Any guest that exceeds this without permission from host, will be asked to leave the property with no refund. Please just be honest of your intentions, we are very easy to get along with :)
- Additional guests are not permitted to stay overnight in trailers, tents, boats or on air mattress. We do allow a 6th guest if it's an infant in a playpen.
PETS: Dogs are welcome but must be pre approved by host and leashed at all times when on the property. Your dog must be well behaved and friendly. We do not allow aggressive dogs on the property. There is an additional fee of $20 per night with a maximum charge of $200 per stay. We allow 1 dog only, no exceptions. Pets are not permitted on beds or furniture. If you require a pet bed, please let us know to leave one out.
- The Dock is aimed to be installed for the summer months of July & August. We install early and remove late depending on the season and water temperatures. It is never guaranteed and if there is a storm warning, the dock may have to be removed before or during your stay ( however this is very rare)
- We do have a security system at the cottage with 1 camera facing the driveway. We ask that our guests do not use the alarm panel during their stay. The driveway camera and panel are to secure our property between reservations when the home is vacant, and is in no way to invade our guests privacy.
- Mosquitoes and black fly activity can be extremely high from mid May- early July. We do have bug zappers on the property but come prepared with bug spray!
- Small watercraft are welcome but are not to be docked overnight. Please let us know if you plan on brining one. - Kayak wavier must be signed by guests prior to use.
- There is a ladder off the side of the dock to easily access the water but if you plan on walking in we recommend bringing water shoes as the shore is rocky
- Firewood is provided as of May 2023
- We have a smaller than average tub due to space constraints (48”)
BABY ESSENTIALS: We can provide baby essentials upon request ( playpen, bathtub, high chair)
* Located in the heart of Cape Breton and 30 minutes outside the city of Sydney. Experience what it’s like to live like a local, in one the most sought after area’s on the island. After a day of exploring, come back and relax away from the city. Neighbourhood has minimal traffic and is quiet. There is a small grocery and liquor store 13 minutes away. You will need a car to get around. Rentals are at the airport or at dealerships in and around Sydney.
***If you plan on doing a lot of exploring around the Island during your stay, please make sure our location is suitable for your itinerary***
Sydney- 30 minutes/ Sydney Airport - 35 minutes/ Grocery store & liquor - 13 minutes/ Ben Eion Ski Hill -25 minutes/ Lakes Golf Course -25 minutes / Louisbourg- 40 minutes/ Cabot trail - 60 minutes/ Baddeck - 1 hour 15 minutes / North Sydney ( ferry) 35 minutes / Halifax- 4 hours
Wireless Broadband Internet
Parking & facilities
Pool & spa facilities
Private Dry sauna
Kitchen & dining
Child's high chair, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven and Refrigerator
Internet & office
Wireless Broadband Internet
Heating & cooling
Air conditioning, Fireplace and Heating available
Bathroom & laundry
Clothes dryer, Iron & Board, Washing machine, Hair dryer, Essentials and Bed linen
Carbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher and Smoke Detector
Check in: 04:00 PM
Check out: 10:00 AM