Welcome to The Pine cottage @Mira Riverfront Getaway! Recently renovated and designed with guests in mind. The property has a stylish interior and is comfortable for groups of up to 5. The cottage is located 30 minutes from Sydney.
Enjoy breathtaking views of the Mira River and hear the sound of the loons calling, or catch a glimpse of the resident bald eagles as they fly by the front of the property. Kayak to the salmon river and see them up close as you take in the many peaceful sights of nature.
If you plan on doing a lot of exploring during your stay, please make sure our location is suitable for your itinerary*** We can be a bit of a drive from most activities and the nearest restaurant is 25 min away.
* 150 ft of Waterfrontage
* 6 Person Hot Tub secluded in the trees
* Hammock Net
* Kayaking, Swimming & Fishing
* Large deck with pergola, gazebo and plenty of patio furniture
* Floating Water Mat that holds up to 5 adults
Master - Queen bed, dresser and closet
Bunk Room - Queen bed, single bed above, dresser and closet
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING!!
**This listing is for 1 of 2 proprieties at Mira Riverfront Getaway. The Cedar cottage is located next door and is also an Airbnb. The two properties share an entry lane, but are on separate lots separated by a tree line.
- No smoking or vaping inside the cottage
- Children/Babies- We can provide baby essentials when requested ( Nuna playpen with bassinet attachment or mini crib, bathtub and high chair) Please note there is a fee of $30 fee for mini crib set up. Children are welcome, but please know there a hazards on the property ( access to water, hot tub, high drop off's, low deck without railing. suspended net)
- Absolutely no parties or large gatherings. We understand that you may want to have visitors during the day. However we consider over 8 people on the property at any given time to be a gathering. Any guest that exceeds this without permission from host, will be asked to leave the property with no refund. Please just be honest of your intentions, we are very easy to get along with :)
- Additional guests are not permitted to stay overnight in trailers, tents, boats or on air mattress. We do allow a 6th guest if it's an infant in a playpen.
- We have a narrow path that allows you to access the water for swimming and kayaking . The shore is VERY rocky and we highly recommend water shoes if you plan on swimming. We do have a water mat that you can swim out to.
- PETS: We allow 1 dog only . No exceptions ( Sorry, NO PUPPIES!!) Your dog must be well behaved and friendly. We do not allow aggressive dogs on the property. There is an additional fee of $20 per night with a maximum charge of $200 per stay. Pets are not permitted on beds or furniture. Dogs must be LEASHED at all times and never at large on the property. Pets are never to be left behind at the cottage unsupervised. Depending on your booking platform, you may not be able to add a pet to your reservation. In this case, please let us know you are brining a dog.
- We do have a security system at the cottage with 1 camera facing the driveway. We ask that our guests do not use the alarm panel during their stay. The driveway camera and panel are to secure our property between reservations when the home is vacant, and is in no way to invade our guests privacy.
- Mosquitoes and black fly activity can be extremely high from mid May- August. We do have bug zappers on the property but come prepared with bug spray! You have been warned !
- WINTER BOOKINGS/SNOW REMOVAL( Dec 1st-April 15th): We recommend only booking if you have a vehicle equipped with 4 wheel drive and winter tires. Our driveway is only plowed and walkways shovelled when snow exceeds 10cm, and this is not guaranteed before check in or check out. The cottage is outside city limits and the main roads are maintained by the CBRM and are usually not a priority.
- Firewood is provided but not kindling
* Located in the heart of Cape Breton and 30 minutes outside the city of Sydney. Experience what it’s like to live like a local, in one the most sought after area’s on the island. After a day of exploring, come back and relax away from the city. Neighbourhood has minimal traffic and is quiet. We do have neighbours very close by. There is a small grocery and liquor store 13 minutes away. You will need a car to get around.
Sydney- 30 minutes/ Sydney Airport - 35 minutes/ Grocery Store- 25 min / Small grocery store & liquor - 13 minutes/ Ben Eion Ski Hill -25 minutes/ Lakes Golf Course -25 minutes / Louisbourg- 40 minutes/ Cabot trail - 60 minutes/ Baddeck - 1 hour 15 minutes / North Sydney ( ferry) 35 minutes / Halifax- 4 hours
REG NUMBER: RYA-2023-24-03181604068501264-79
Wireless Broadband Internet
Parking & facilities
Bathroom & laundry
Bathtub . Washing machine
Heating & cooling
Air conditioning . Fireplace
Internet & office
Wireless Broadband Internet
Carbon Monoxide Detector, Fire Extinguisher, First aid kit . Smoke Detector
Check in: 04:00 PM
Check out: 11:00 AM